Christian Scott, also know as Christian aTunde Adjuah was born on March 31st,1983, in New Orleans LA.
Christian initially started studying with his mother but once his uncle saxophonist Donald Harrison Jr noticed Christian’s talent he began to teach him. At the age of fourteen Christian auditioned and was accepted into the New Orleans Center of Creative Arts. He excelled in their music program directed by Clyde Kerr,Jr and Kent Jordan.
Upon completion of high-school with honors, Scott applied and was accepted into Berkley College of Music in Boston,Massachusetts. Scott majored in Professional Music concentrating on Film Scoring and completed this five year program in three years all the while being on tour with Donald Harrison, Jr’s quartet as well as writing,marketing and producing his own self-titled first recording.
Christian Scott is known throughout the Jazz world as the trumpeter with the “un-voicing” tone. Christian explained that the was he achieves this tone is by emphasising breath over vibration in the mouthpiece, he likes to refer to this sound as his “whisper technique”. Donal Harrison and Clark Terry worked intensely with Christian for over two years to help develop and perfect his tone. It appears that all of his hard work has paid off as Christian Scott received the 2010 Edison Award for the Best International Jazz Artist and Scott was also nominated for a Grammy Award for jazz trumpeter,composer and producer.
Christian aTunde Adjuah by Christian Scott is a double disc and has 23 tracks. Similar to his previous albums, every track has a story behind it.
- 2002 “Christian Scott” – Impromp2 Records / Omni American Music
- 2004 “Two of a Kind” – Nagel Heyer Records w/ Donald Harrison
- 2006 Rewind That – Concord Records
- 2007 Anthem – Concord Records
- 2008 Live at Newport – Concord Records
- 2010 Yesterday You Said Tomorrow – Concord Records / UMG / OmniAmerican Music
- 2011 Ninety Miles – Concord Picante w/ Sefon Harris and David Sanchez
- 2012 Christian aTunde Adjuah – Concord Records / UMG / OmniAmerican Music